This interactive, informative and highly practical course will give you the confidence to recognise, plan and manage difficult conversations as well as the opportunity to practise using constructive feedback techniques to achieve more positive outcomes.
In agreement with participants, training will be offered either virtually or in the classroom according to government Covid-19 guidelines.
Being able to deal with difficult conversations effectively is an essential business skill that is invaluable in maintaining good relationships and retaining business. Disagreements don’t disappear when they’re ignored. People are often concerned about having a difficult conversation because they’re worried the client or colleague might react defensively to what they’ve got to say. They need to be dealt with in an appropriate way that achieves the desired result and keeps the relationship intact.
You will learn how to prepare for a difficult situation, get the conversation off to the best possible start and manage their emotions. You will also gain insights into real situations they have experienced and leave feeling more confident in dealing with them effectively.
- Understand the nature of difficult conversations
- The importance of self-awareness and understanding the emotional triggers that can make some conversations difficult
- Learn why treating others as you would like to be treated is not necessarily the right approach
- Develop techniques for managing your own emotions and opening up dialogue
- Utilise the difficult conversation model to effectively plan and prepare
- Identifying assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviours
- Learn the 6 steps to conflict resolution
- Practise giving feedback and learn how to deal with criticism from others in a constructive way
- Identify the importance of non-verbal cues in ensuring the message is given and received in the way we intend it
- Understand the importance of rapport, effective listening and questioning skills to engage in meaningful dialogue using the 3 step tango
- Engage in practical simulation exercises using a set of tailored business case studies around difficult conversations
Any staff member who has to engage effectively with team members, peers, senior managers or other key stakeholders.
Difficult Conversations - 23rd August 2022
Date: 23 August 2022Location: The Mount Business & Conference Centre / VirtualTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Difficult Conversations - 8th November 2022
Date: 8 November 2022Location: The Mount Business & Conference Centre / VirtualTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Difficult Conversations - 7th February 2023
Date: 7 February 2023Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.