Graphic Design using Canva
Design for non-designers
Learn how to use Canva's graphic design platform to create social media graphics, presentations, posters, documents and other visual content. You will explore the basics of Canva so that you can get up and running quicklyand have all of the tools you will need to create amazing graphic design projects.
During the training course, we will cover the following
Getting Started with Canva
- The Canva Dashboard is the main landing page, and where you can find your past designs and all other information related to your account.
Using the dashboard
- The Design Dashboard is the place where all the magic happens. This is the page where you get to create and design anything you want, from eBooks and infographics to Facebook images and Invitations!
Creating your Design
- Selecting your format - The first thing you will need to do, is the select the right format for your image. Canva provides a lot of premade formats for anything you can think of!
- Navigation - This section will go over everything you need to know to get around Canva and it’s Design Dashboard. I also offer some shortcuts to make your workflow a little faster.
- Adding Artwork - Adding artwork is intuitively simple and yet so powerful in Canva. Here, we will go over all forms of artwork that is available, both paid and free
- Adding Text - Typography can really take your design to the next level. This lecture covers all the fundamentals of the text tools in Canva.
- Creating Backgrounds - Backgrounds can be solid colours, cool patterns, or even images. I will show you how adding backgrounds is the starting point of a good design.
- Uploads - A great graphic design software will allow you to upload your own images and artwork, and Canva certainly does that. With their premade layouts and your custom images, you can truly make a spectacular image that is all yours!
- Putting it All Together - Finally in this section, I will show you the step-by-step process it takes to get an awesome graphic in no time!
Saving and Sharing Your Designs
- Sharing Your Designs - Canva provides an easy built-in system for sharing your artwork. I will show you all the methods that you can use in this lecture.
- Downloading Your Design - If you want to do more than just share you work on social media, or need to download images for your business, then you will learn how to easily download your art here.
- Designs in the Main Dashboard - Now that we have created and saved our designs, I’ll show you how to navigate the Main Dashboard to copy or delete your designs.
Graphic Design using Canva - 1st November 2023
Date: 1 November 2023Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Graphic Design using Canva - 23rd February 2024
Date: 23 February 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Graphic Design using Canva - 30th May 2024
Date: 30 May 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Graphic Design using Canva - 21st October 2024
Date: 21 October 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.