This practical course will equip you with the skills to be assertive in a range of work situations. You will learn how to use different behaviours and techniques to deal with key stakeholders with assertion and confidence.
As you discover how to influence people and maintain positive working relationships, even in challenging situations or conflict, you will immediately feel more comfortable and prepared to present yourself in a consistently assertive manner that will have a powerful impact.
By the end of the training course you will be able to:
- Identify what constitutes assertiveness in a work environment
- Recognise different types of behaviour, your internal beliefs and its potential impact
- Discover your instinctive assertiveness style when under pressure
- Distinguish gut from controlled reactions
- Use body language and voice assertively to get people to listen to you and respect your opinion
- Recognise potential conflict and adopt skills to manage it confidently and sensitively
- Focus your message to say “no” positively and effectively
- Adapt your style to influence a challenging situation in the workplace
This will be beneficial for anyone who struggles to assert themselves in challenging work situations and wants to communicate with impact and engage others.
Assertiveness - 28 May 2020
Date: 28 May 2020Location: The Mount Conference Centre, BelfastTime: 09:00 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.