Train the Trainer ILM Endorsed Award
The Train the Trainer course is a practical blend of delivery, feedback and application of theory. Learners deliver three times with feedback, enabling them to apply their learning and test it. We provide full support and guidance for all participants seeking to achieve the ILM Endorsed Award Train the Trainer.
The training takes place over three consecutive days.
Our Train the Trainer is an intensive learning experience where learners develop their training skills quickly. Participants will be taken out of their comfort zone as they will stand up and deliver three times during the programme with feedback and application using our unique 3 Step Model. Each participant will rethink their structure, content and message as a result of this training course.
By the end of the programme, learners will be able to design and deliver highly engaging training courses. You will:
- Know what makes great training
- Identify the difference between ‘knowledge’ and ‘understanding’ and be able to achieve the latter in your training
- Explore the psychology of learning and memory and be able to structure your training to maximise learning
- Recognise the dynamics within training groups a and know how to deal with these to deliver an impactful learning experience
- Grab your learners’ attention and maintain engagement throughout
Pre-course preparation: participants will be asked to attend with a 20 minute training session prepared on a topic of their choice.
- Introduction, aims and objectives
- What makes a great trainer (exercise)
- Individual delivery (practical with feedback)
- Barriers to learning
- Visual aids
- The training cycle
- Learning styles and conscious competence
- Communications and training
- Participant training delivery and feedback
- Review of participant training delivery
- Planning a training session
- Objective setting
- ABC – Attention; Breaking down the session; Checking understanding
- Preparing a session plan
- Developing resources / learning materials
- Communications and training
- Guidance for full training delivery
- Managing the learning environment
- Your audience
- Evaluating training
- 20 minute training session delivery
- Training session reviews & discussion
- Action plans
- Endorsed Award assessment
- Programme review and evaluation
The programme is recommended as a first course for newcomers to training and can be adapted for more experienced trainers seeking to refresh and learn new techniques.
Train the Trainer - 11-13 March 2023
Date: 11 March 2024Location: The Mount Conference Centre, BelfastTime: 0930 - 1630Price: £995 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email email@example.com.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.