GDPR (UK & EU) Staff Awareness
Learn how data protection requirements apply to your work
This half-day course is designed to help you understand the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR) and its relationship with the EU GDPR. It will enable you to assess how post BREXIT UK and EU GDPR impacts your organisations personal data processing. It will provide an awareness of data protection laws and their impact on your role in maintaining compliance.
All people that handle personal data must have an awareness of the UK & EU GDPR and other relevant data protection laws. The course will help you understand post BREXIT changes and the policies and processes required to help you improve and promote information rights practices in your organisation. It will include but is not limited to:
- What UK GDPR is and the key requirements that EU GDPR places on those in the UK who process personal data belonging to data subjects from the EU
- An understanding of additional requirements for data transfer to the EU and other countries
- The roles and responsibilities of Data Controllers, Data Processors and Data Protection Officers and the powers of the Supervisory Authority
- An understanding of the 6 Principles of the UK GDPR and how these will affect you and your organisation
- An awareness of the 8 Rights of Data Subjects (individuals)
- How data should be transferred within and outside the European Union
- How to identify and process a Subject Access Request
- How to deal with data breaches and the implications for your organisation should it fail to comply with or breach the Regulation
- The internal policies and procedures to comply with GDPR, employee responsibilities and knowing who to contact for data protection queries
If you process personal data belonging to EU Subjects, handle or manage personal data on behalf of your organisation or are a Data Controller, Data Processor or Data Protection Officer; or simply have an interest in data protection then this course is for you.
GDPR Staff Awareness (half day) - 8 March 2023
Date: 8 March 2023Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 13:00Price: £125 +VAT
GDPR Staff Awareness (half-day) - 6th June 2023
Date: 6 June 2023Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 13:00Price: £125 +VAT
GDPR Staff Awareness (half-day) - 18th October 2023
Date: 18 October 2023Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 13:00Price: £125 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.