ISTQB Foundation is Software Testing
The ISTQB Foundation course covers the fundamentals of software testing, providing delegates with the necessary foundations for a career as a software testing professional.
This three-day intensive tutor-led course includes exam preparation, revision and the examination on the afternoon of the third day. It is fully-accredited by UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 3 by the BCS.
After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques
- Analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with low to medium levels of complexity
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests
- Write clear and understandable incident reports
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects
- Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; and assist in the tool selection and implementation process
The exam will be held on the last day of the course in the afternoon. To qualify as an internationallyrecognized Certified Foundation Level Tester and be issued with an ISTQB® Foundation Level Certificate, delegates must successfully pass the exam:
- The examination consists of a one-hour exam with 40 multiple choice questions.
- It will be a ‘closed book’ examination i.e. no notes or books will be allowed into the examination room.
- Duration of 60 minutes (or 75 minutes for candidates taking examinations that are not in their native language)
- The pass mark is 65% (26 out of 40).
About ISTQB and the ‘Certified Tester’ Scheme
Founded in 2002, ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is a not-for-profit association legally registered in Belgium, comprising 50+ national boards (including the UK Testing Board) covering 71 countries worldwide.
ISTQB has defined the Foundation certification as part of their ‘Certified Tester’ scheme that, with over 500,000 certifications, has become the de facto world-wide standard for software testing qualifications.
The ‘Certified Tester’ scheme:
- Provides a set of professional qualifications widely-recognised by employers, customers and peers
- Enables software suppliers to hire and train certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by advertising their tester recruitment and development policies
- Enables comparison of testing skills across different countries, testers to move across country borders more easily, and multi-national/international projects to have a common understanding of testing issues
The ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level is principally aimed at anyone directly involved in software testing, who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts, such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test leads, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
It is also ideal for all those who have an interest in understanding the basic concepts of software testing, and so is additionally appropriate for project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email email@example.com.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.