ITIL v4 Foundation - 3 Days
The ITIL4® Foundation training course is the very latest 'Best Practice guidance for IT Service Management. It gives a broad understanding of the very latest concepts and terminology used in Service Management worldwide.
At the end of this 3-day ITIL4 Foundation course, you will have an understanding of the following:
- High level overview of ITIL v3’s 5-step Lifecycle model and how the current 26 processes and functions map to the new ITIL 4 model
- The seven Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new Service Value Chain
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a focus on 18 of these
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organizational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value.
The ITIL4 Foundation course will cover the following:
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Recall the definition of: A Service, Utility & Warranty. Customers & Users. Service management
- Describe the key concepts of creating value with: Cost, Value, Organization, Outcome, Output, Risk, Utility &Warranty.
- Describe the key concepts of service relationships: Service offering. Service Relationship Management, Service provision & Service consumption.
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management.
- Describe the nature, use and interaction of the guiding principles:
- Focus on value
- Start where you are
- Progress iteratively with feedback
- Collaborate and promote visibility
- Think and work holistically
- Keep it simple and practical
- Optimize and automate
- Understand & describe the four dimensions of service management:
- Organizations and people
- Information and technology
- Partners and suppliers
- Value streams and processes
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the Service Value Chain, and how they interconnect
- Describe the inputs, outputs and purpose of each value chain activity:
- Design & transition
- Deliver & support
- Know the purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL practices
- Recall definitions of the relevant ITIL terms.
- Understand the following 7 ITIL practices and explain in detail how they fit within the service value chain:
- Continual improvement
- Change control
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Service request management
- Service desk
- Service level management
This course is suitable for anyone working in IT with an interest in Service Management.
It is equally applicable to those who wish to apply ITIL 'Best Practice' principles across an enterprise.
It is specifically aimed at those who have not previously attended and ITIL Foundation course. Although if you attended Foundation level training many years ago this course provides an excellent refresher.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email email@example.com.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.