Microsoft - Managing Modern Desktops (MD-101T00)
During this 5-day Accredited course, students will learn how to plan and implement an operating system deployment strategy using modern deployment methods, as well as how to implement an update strategy. Students will be introduced to key components of modern management and co-management strategies
This course covers what it takes to incorporate Microsoft Intune into your organization. Students will learn about methods for deployment and management of apps and browser-based applications. Students will be introduced to the key concepts of security in modern management including authentication, identities, access, and compliance policies. Students will be introduced to technologies such Azure Active Directory, Azure Information Protection and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint as well as how to leverage them to protect devices and data.
The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and non-Windows devices. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies. It is recommended students complete course Windows Client (MD-100T00), prior to taking this course.
- Examine the enterprise desktop
- Explore Azure Active Directory
- Manage identities in Azure Active Directory
- Manage device authentication
- Enroll devices using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Enroll devices using Microsoft Intune
- Implement device profiles
- Monitor device profiles
- Manage user profiles
- Implement mobile application management
- Deploy and update applications
- Administer applications
- Implement device data protection
- Manage Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Manage Microsoft Defender in Windows client
- Protect identities in Azure AD
- Enable organizational access
- Implement device compliance policies
- Generate inventory and compliance reports
- Assess deployment readiness
- Deploy using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Deploy using Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Deploy new devices
- Implement dynamic deployment methods
- Plan a transition to modern management
- Manage Cloud PCs and Virtual Desktops
- Update Windows client
- Update clients using Windows Update for Business
- Explore Desktop Analytics
- Explore Endpoint Analytics
The Modern Desktop Administrator deploys, configures, secures, manages, and monitors devices and client applications in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities include managing identity, access, policies, updates, and apps. The MDA collaborates with the M365 Enterprise Administrator to design and implement a device strategy that meets the business needs of a modern organization. The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and later and non-Windows devices. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.