Meetings do not always enjoy a particularly good reputation. In many organisations they are notorious timewasters and are often unproductive. The person leading the meeting can influence that reputation and ensure that meetings are productive and rewarding for the participants.
This practical course is designed to give participants the skills to ensure that meetings are run effectively and help meeting attendees get more out of company meetings whilst spending less time in them!
The course will focus on meeting preparation, the management of people and techniques to ensure that meetings produce real, measurable results. It also looks at behavioural issues to explain why meetings can be lengthy and unproductive and provides practical measures to remedy this.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Identify ways in which meetings (both as chair and attendee) can be improved
- Use proactive measures to put these improvements into place
- Understand the traditional and modern roles and behaviours of meetings
- Prepare for a meeting which they are to lead in minimum time with maximum effect
- Be aware of barriers to an effective meeting and use communication skills to overcome them
- Understand the significance of verbal and non-verbal communication during a meeting
- Ensure that meetings produce real, measurable actions and results
- Make meetings shorter and more productive
This management training course is designed for anyone who regularly leads, organises or attends face to face meetings either within their organisation or with external clients, suppliers and partner companies, and feels that they could be shorter or more productive.
Meetings Masterclass - 20th March 2024
Date: 20 March 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Meetings Masterclass - 26th November 2024
Date: 26 November 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email email@example.com.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.