Supervisory & Management Skills
All too often people management is seen as an ‘add-on’ to the operational role of a manager/supervisor and many managers are now faced with the added pressure of managing remotely.
This course is about capturing the hearts and minds of managers so that you understand the importance of excellent people management and the value that should be placed on this aspect of your role. Whether you are manging one person or a team, your skills, approach and knowledge will greatly impact others.
This course will help you to understand what management is, and what it isn’t; how to transition into becoming a manager; and how to overcome some of the hurdles that supervisory roles present. You will explore what strengths you already bring to the role, identify areas to work on and explore the tools to help you do this
Most importantly, you will learn how to create an environment where people feel supported and valued. By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Recognise the difference between management and leadershi
- Understand the principal roles and responsibilities of an effective manager
- Identify your personal management style and adapt your style to support others
- Develop strategies for managing remote teams
- Take a considered and consultative approach to decision making
- Apply goals and prioritise effectively to meet departmental outcomes
- Utilise a structured process to plan virtual delegation in a way that develops and empowers other
If you are a new manager, or if you simply want to become more effective and improve your management capabilities then course is for you.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.