This practical course will equip you with the skills and knowledge to effectively facilitate groups. As well as developing your skills as a facilitator, it will provide guidance on how to emotions, manage group dynamics and deal with any difficult situations that may arise.Back In House Enquiry
You will learn how to recognise challenging and supporting behaviours in a group; how to control your emotions in difficult situations; and implement appropriate facilitation techniques in line with group development stages.
Building on the previous sessions, you will establish how recognising different characteristics in a group will help to inform facilitation and where intervention is required. You will identify your personal development areas and, through a case study, examine facilitation skills in action.
By the end of the training course you will be able to:
- Explain what facilitation is and in what situations supporting and challenging should be used
- Identify group dynamics and recognise what intervention is needed depending on the situation and the individuals within the group
- Examine facilitation tools and techniques
- Identify characteristics of groups and the impact on facilitation
- Identify personal development areas for facilitation skills
- Put into practice, tools and techniques learnt during the course to enable successful facilitation
If you are involved in facilitating groups as part of a formal meeting, a training course or general facilitation of groups of individuals in the workplace this is the course for you.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.