Employment law is an increasingly complex area, especially with current uncertainty about Brexit and the growing differences between employment law in Northern Ireland and Great Britain. In addition, the developing ‘gig economy’ means businesses need to understand the different entitlements of employees, workers and contractors. All of this can make it difficult for small employers to keep track of legal requirements. This course is designed to give a comprehensive overview of the key issues to be aware of, increasing your confidence in managing people issues while avoiding the costs and other negative implications of falling foul of the law. The emphasis will be on practical solutions to deal with common employment problems.
The course will provide you with practical, step by step guidance on how to manage people issues effectively while remaining within the law. You will be provided with comprehensive checklists that you can refer back to for guidance when dealing with specific people issues, and templates that you can use to create and maintain legally-compliant HR documentation.
By the end of the training you will:
- Be aware of the key issues to be aware of in relation to recruiting, developing and managing people;
- Understand the practical implications of recent developments in employment law;
- Have the knowledge to implement relevant systems and procedures to enable you to tackle problems at an early stage and to prevent them occurring in the future;
- Have a set of tools and templates to enable you to establish the key HR processes in your organisation;
- Have more confidence in dealing with difficult situations;
- Know where to seek help and further advice.
If you are not an HR expert but want to develop your knowledge of effective HR practice and ensure that you are legally compliant, this course is for you.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email email@example.com.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.