Fraud and Cyber Awareness (half-day)
Employees are at the core of every organisation and are instrumental in keeping you secure. Whilst your team are without doubt one of your most valued assets, they can also be high risk when it comes to fraud and cyber security. More than 90% of security incidents are caused by cyber criminals targeting employees.
In agreement with participants, training will be offered either virtually or in the classroom according to government Covid-19 guidelines.
During this practical session you’ll learn what constitutes “fraud”; what your role is in helping to raise awareness (personal and team); and appreciate that it’s an ever-changing subject especially in light of technological and societal advances.
You will also gain an overview of a range of everyday cyber issues that you need to be aware of when you are using your computer, tablet or smart phone to access services across the internet.
Using examples and group discussions, you will be able to explore the everyday issues associated with fraud and cyber security and learn about the simple steps you can take to minimise the risks to you and your organisation.
By the end of the training you be able to:
- Appreciate the unique nature of fraud
- Consider various types of fraud
- Consider fraud risks and appropriate mitigations within your organisation
- Undertake a fraud risk assessment
- Identify best practice in managing fraud and current “hot topics”
- Identify basic cyber security steps to be implemented to protect your computers, tablets and smart phones
- Recognise the types of scams currently being used on the internet
- Understand how to use social media platforms, online banking and public WIFI networks safely
- Consider appropriate organisational controls required by businesses
- Identify when a data protection impact assessment is required and how to undertake this
Fraud and Cyber Awareness (half day) - 23 November 2022
Date: 23 November 2022Location: The Mount Business & Conference Centre / VirtualTime: 09:30 - 13:00Price: £125 +VAT
Fraud and Cyber Awareness (half day) - 1st February 2023
Date: 1 February 2023Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 13:00Price: £125 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.