The PRINCE2 ® Practitioner Course prepares participants for the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Attention will be given to practical participation in a case study encompassing the most essential elements of a PRINCE2 project.
Participants will explore the relationship between the Business Case and the project and develop specific PRINCE2 products during the course. The final day of the course will include the Practitioners examination. Some pre-workshop study is expected of the candidates’ prior to attending the course. The course is accredited with AXELOS through PEOPLECERT and based on the 6th edition version of the PRINCE2 manual.
Our virtual version of the traditional classroom delivery is trainer-led, delivered over 4 days on-line to a small group of delegates. The PRINCE2 Practitioner examinations are taken on-line and invigilated remotely.
Cost per delegate : £1125 plus VAT (Virtual) and £1435 plus VAT (in-classroom)
Please register interest via the Available Dates tab below
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply all facets of the PRINCE2 Principles, Themes, Processes and tailor each to a specific project
- Set up and manage complex projects
- Identify and control risks throughout the project
- Ensure a focus on quality is maintained throughout the project
- Monitor the objectives of a project and the essential adjustments needed to respond to changes in the environment
The following subjects will be covered during the course:
- Relationship between the Business Case, programmes and the project
- PRINCE2 Principles – Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, Manage by exception, Focus on products and Tailor to suit the needs of the project environment
- PRINCE2 processes – Starting Up a Project, Initiating a Project, Directing a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundaries and Closing a Project
- PRINCE2 Themes – Business Case, Organization, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change and Progress
- Examination technique for the exam
PRINCE2 Practitioner Pre-requisites
Project Management experience and experience working in project teams. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The Foundation exam is taken on day three of the course, and must have been passed if attending the final two days of the course. This is an intensive course and evening work will be required.
If you are a project manager, team manager or team member with responsibility for or involvement in managing projects then this course is for you. It will provide you with an internationally recognised qualification in project management at Practitioner Level.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
The PRINCE2 Foundation examination is a 60 multiple choice question paper to be completed in 1 hour with a pass mark of 55% (33 marks in total). Our pass rate on public courses is 100% and on in-house courses is 99%.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination is a 2.5 hour multiple choice objective test examination consisting of 68questions based on a given scenario. Each question is worth 1marks (68 marks in total) and tests your knowledge in terms of application of the methodology to the scenario and in general. The pass mark for the exam is 55% (38 marks).
Please note that PEOPLECERT require every candidate’s identification to be verified by the examination invigilator. You will be required to produce some photographic identification before being allowed to take the exam.
Find out more about PRINCE2 on the Axelos website – https://www.axelos.com/best-practice-solutions/prince2/what-is-prince2
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.