GDPR and Its Impact on Marketing
This practical half-day course will give you an understanding of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It will enable you to assess how GDPR impacts on your organisation and its marketing activities and ensure compliance with the legislation.
You will gain an awareness of the GDPR and an overview of the key principles of the legislation.
Through practical examples you will know how to comply with the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations in creating and implementing your marketing activities.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Understand what GDPR is and who is affected
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of Data Controllers, Data Processors and Data Protection Officers and the powers of the Supervisory Authority
- Identify the 6 Principles of the GDPR (lawful bases for processing)
- Understand the Rights of Data Subjects (individuals)
- Assess the implications of non-compliance with the GDPR
- Know how the GDPR and PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) are applied to marketing
- Classify the most appropriate lawful bases for processing in relation to marketing
- Apply the rules for email, text and telephone marketing under the GDPR
If you are involved in designing marketing strategies, direct marketing or sales for your organisation then this course is for you.
Andrew has significant experience in the application of data protection legislation and holds a Diploma in Corporate Governance; he is also certified in GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations).
He is a former senior civil servant, holding a variety key posts throughout his career, including Staff Officer and Head of Corporate Services for a large Scottish public authority, Programme Executive Officer and Head of Assurance for a National Reform Programme.
Andrew was laterally Chief of Staff and Head of Corporate Governance within the public sector, where he held strategic responsibility for Executive Support, Policy Support and the continuous development of governance, relationships and liaison with key external partners and stakeholders. In January 2016, this role was extended to include the Corporate Governance function, which included Risk Management, Information Management, Data Protection and Regulatory Compliance.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email email@example.com.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.