Facilitation/Hosting Skills on Zoom
Develop the competencies and confidence you need to facilitate impactful sessions using Zoom
The aim of this programme is to help you to develop the levels of competence and confidence that will facilitate the use of Zoom as an effective and efficient interactive means of engaging with staff, clients and service providers.
Over recent months, many contextual changes in business and service provision have stemmed from a need for businesses to operate remotely. This has encouraged organisations to reconsider how they will undertake the internal and external everyday tasks that were previously done face-to-face.
This interactive, virtual programme will develop the competencies you need to successfully facilitate interactive meetings, workshops, webinars, presentations, consultations or engagement sessions.
Zoom has proven to be an excellent delivery platform. It is flexible and its spectrum of use is all embracing.
You will learn how to use the main features of Zoom. This will include how to set up events and invite attendees to fully participate in events. You will also learn to share documents, PowerPoint decks, videos and discussion documents between the participants and how to gauge support for the topics being discussed.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Set-up Zoom events and invite attendees and guests
- Ensure security of the event and the vital issues associated with data/information security and GDPR information – this also applies to the recording of the sessions
- The need for effective preperation
- Use all necessary meeting functions such as the chat facility
- Share files, videos, photographs etc
- Use the video and audio functions efficiently including the placing of cameras and lights etc to gain maximum advantage
- Understand the role, function and advantages of co-facilitating and the use of an administrator to allow the facilitator to focus on the meeting or training delivery
- Understand the dangers and advantages of sharing control with participants
- Set up interactive polls
- Set up and using breakout rooms for discussion
- Maximise the participant experience and preclude or control unacceptable behaviours
- The use of whiteboard, other apps and alternative options
- Record sessions
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.