This practical one-day training course will help you to communicate effectively, appropriately and clearly in all situations.
You will develop an understanding of the impact that your communication skills have on other people, and how improving these skills can improve relationships and make it easier to get better results.
Effective communication skills are the cornerstone of success. Everybody, no matter what their job is, requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. If you want to progress you need to be able to express yourself clearly and to listen and understand the needs and wants of others. By tuning into your audience you will learn to develop your message for clarity and impact.
You will learn how to develop positive working relationships, create rapport and feel confident around others. As an effective communicator, you will be great at getting others to open up and discuss feelings and emotions, handle difficult conversations appropriately and feel less pressure when communicating with others.
By the end of the training course you will be able to:
- Understand the communication process
- Identify barriers to communication
- Understand the key aspects of communication attitudes that can be portrayed – aggressive, assertive, passive and passive aggressive
- Identify your personality type and communication preferences and how these impact communication
- Understand and apply Neil Rackham's Behavioural Analysis model to improve your behaviour and success of your internal and external communications
- Use appropriate techniques to influence others and develop more collaborative working relationships
- Handle difficult conversations with confidence
- Analyse and utilise body language to your advantage
- Listen actively and effectively and use appropriate questioning techniques
If you would like to improve your communication effectiveness, be understood and create positive working relationships then this is the course for you.
Effective Communication Skills - 8th January 2024
Date: 8 January 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Effective Communications Skills - 14th May 2024
Date: 14 May 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Effective Communication Skills - 9th September 2024
Date: 9 September 2024Location: The Mount Business & Conference CentreTime: 09:30 - 16:30Price: £199 +VAT
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.