GDPR - Getting Ready
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into effect in May 2018. All organisations will face fines of up to €20 million if they are not compliant the new legislation.
This one-day training course provides a complete introduction to GDPR that will enable you to assess its impact on your organisation and identify compliance activities.
Getting Ready for GDPR - 27 April 2018
Date: 27 April 2018Location: The Hilton Hotel BelfastTime: 09:00 - 16:30Date: £330 +VAT
Getting Ready for GDPR - 25 May 2018
Date: 25 May 2018Location: The Hilton Hotel BelfastTime: 09:00 - 16:30Date: £330 +VAT
Getting Ready for GDPR - 22 June 2018
Date: 22 June 2018Location: The Hilton Hotel BelfastTime: 09:00 - 16:30Date: £330 +VAT
This course is designed to help you understand:
- the changes to data protection brought about by GDPR,
- the impact of those changes on your organisation, and
- the steps you need to take to work towards GDPR compliance.
- The background to GDPR and what it is
- Principles of the GDPR
- GDPR implications and effects for your organisation
- The roles and responsibilities of Data Controllers, Data Processors and Data Protection Officers
- The roles, responsibilities and powers of the Supervisory Authority
- Transfer of data within and out of the European Union
- Requests for access to personal data and how to handle them
- Personal data breach reporting and responses
- Implications for your organisation should it fail to comply with or breach the Regulations
- Working towards a GDPR compliance plan
If you manage or handle personal data on behalf of your organisation or are a Data Controller, Data Processor or Data Protection Officer; or simply have an interest in data protection then this course is for you.
Please note that the cancellation policy for our public training courses is as follows:
More than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
More than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - No cancellation fee payable.
Less than 6 weeks prior to the course start date - 100% of total fees payable or free transfer.
Substitute delegates will be accepted at any time at no cost.
Full joining instructions for the course will be emailed to you at least five working days prior to the course. In the meantime, if you have any queries please contact a member of our team on 028 9016 0587 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a copy of our standard Terms and Conditions for course bookings.